Sale of seed potatoes, volunteers needed
The Committee has obtained about 1,750 seed potatoes, which it considers it can sell safely on the last two Sundays of February 2021 (see below). However, it needs two further volunteers for this to happen (see also below). Can you help? If so, email email@example.com.
The health and safety of all plot holders and CPAGA's volunteers is the Committee's first and main consideration. The Committee proposes to take at least these steps:
1) The seed potatoes will be sold by number not by weight, in bags of 10 (of the same variety) for £ 1 a bag. CPAGA will supply the bags. This is to avoid volunteers having to weigh potatoes and to keep the time that plot holders and volunteers spend together to an absolute minimum.
2) The seed potatoes will be sold for the ‘correct money’ only, with no change given. Money will be placed in a tin. This is to avoid the volunteers having to handle any money.
3) Sale will be an across-the-counter service only. A table will be placed across the double doors at the top of the ramp to the Centre, acting as a counter, with the customer outside on the ramp and no more than two volunteers inside the Centre. The Shop and Centre will remain closed to plot holders. This is to separate the volunteers inside from the customers on the ramp outside.
4) No trade will be conducted other than in the seed potatoes, as described above. This is to minimise the interactions between plot holders and volunteers.
5) During the sale, the windows of the Centre will be be opened, to increase its ventilation.
6) The up to two volunteers inside the Centre should wear masks. They should not attend if they, or any member of their household, is exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID 19.
7) Plot holders on the ramp outside are encouraged strongly to wear masks during the transaction and to stand well back from the table if they do not wear a mask.
The proposed two sale events are on the last two Sundays of February 2021 (21st and 28th), during normal Shop hours (10:30 am to 12:30 pm).
Two people have volunteered to help on 21 February 2021 but the Committee is seeking two volunteers for 28 February 2021. If you may be able to help, please contact the Committee.
Information about potato varieties is available at these links:
The ability of the Committee to sell seed potatoes for these varieties is subject to availability.
The Committee cannot guarantee that it will be able to provide this service as described, as its ability to do so depends on available volunteers and other matters outside of its control. However, the Committee's aim is to provide a variety of seed potatoes to plot holders, safely, at a good price.