Cheddar and sweetcorn bread
Contributed by Sue Smedley
125 g polenta
100 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
250 ml yoghurt or buttermilk
3 tblsp honey
3 tblsp softened butter or vegetable oil
kernels from 2 cobs of corn (or same amount frozen)
1 big handful of grated cheddar cheese
Oven: 180 C or gas mark 4
1. Grease a round baking dish (about 8 inches / 20 cm).
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Combine the remaining wet ingredients.
4. Stir the wet into the dry, mixing just enough to combine.
5. Spread the mixture into the baking dish.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the centre is just firm.